This half term as part of our Rock and Roll topic we have been looking at rocks in Science and the Stone Age in History. We have linked this with our English work writing non chronological reports about Stone Age hunter gatherers and rocks. We have been working hard and playing hard in Maths writing fraction number lines and playing fraction games.
Recently we have been looking at the meaning behind the Christmas John Lewis advert and talking about how the people around us make Christmas special. As a class we have made a Christmas card for Arranmore Park rest home, which they were very happy to receive.
We have also been working hard practising for our Christmas carol concert and we hope you enjoy watching us. As you can see from the pictures we have been thoroughly entertained with the reindeer dress up, thank you for supplying these!
We wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Mrs Steele, Mrs Knowles, Mrs Power
Welcome to St John’s Burscough Blogs. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
A few quick tips before you delete this automated blog post:
- Make sure your first post is an exciting and engaging one!
- Ask your children what they think of the blog and what they would like to see on it. Act on their recommendations.
- Make sure your blog demonstrates to your children how much you personally love learning. Your example will be powerful.
- Celebrate your childrenâ€™s achievements and consider them the primary audience for this blog.
- Use hyperlinks to connect your children with content from other classes around your school, other websites and other schools around the globe.
Commit these tips to memory and then delete them. They will self-destruct anyway if this blog exhibits any signs of being boring.
This blog will be what you make it. Enjoy!